Tuesday 12 April 2011

Back to school

I've decided I need to do something productive with my life instead of fannying around on the poker tables and stumbling from one shitty job to another so I'm doing a computer course to become a Plumber.
My tutor reckons it will take 18 months, I'm hoping it will take a lot less. Got my first manual through a few days ago and have already read 200 odd pages of it and most made sense. It helps working with Dave who does a load of odd jobs for mates and I've picked up tons of shite off him.
Nipped down the car boot sale on Saturday and found these little bargains.

I've read the P J O'Rourke ones before but don't seem to have them in the house anymore? Haven't read any Michael Moore books so hope they're decent. Also, the Dandy Warhols CD surprised me. Most of the songs are nothing like "Bohemian like you" and I'm not particularly sure how to descrive them? The whole lot cost less than £7 which is a result.
And that brings us nicely into the nice little result I had on Saturday when I drew Ballabriggs in the National sweepstake at my local so had a cheeky tenner on him. Balla brought home the bacon for a nice few quid. Better news from that meeting can be found here . Hope and pray the young guy makes a full and speedy recovery.
Congratulations to my favourite fish Amatay who has somehow blackmailed his way into being a sponsored Pro. Even better news is Cos blagging a position as well. Could be a fun site to read over the coming months.
Laters.

10 comments:

  1. I hear plumbers are making a lot of money these days, so it could be a shrewd move. After reading Michael Moore's books you could try reading Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man to hear the other side of the story. No kidding, there really is a book with that title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that one GB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gl mate. cheers for the shout out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there's one thing I've learnt from plumber friends of mine is; always remember, it aint all water that goes down the hole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you haven't seen Jackie Brown, you'll like it - one of my favorite Tarantino films. But what's with all the Michael Moore crap??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah seen the film Jan, really good. The Michael Moore books came with the two PJ books, 4 for £1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with the plumbing Sir,

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077125/

    I was sure Robin Askwith was in this....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just received, via Google Reader, a 'Test' picture of a poker site lobby.

    As a Yank, I'm hurt to see such things from a "National Friend" citizen. Hurt, I say.

    After all my govenment has done to put Englishmen and women out of work and all.

    ::)) ROFL.

    You're a mean man, Rubbish

    ReplyDelete